The Museum recived a new donation this week, the medals of Brigadier Charles Morris C.B.E were presented to the Museum by his two children. 

Brigadier Morris began is career in the Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry back in 1938 and went on to join the Sherwood Foresters in August 1940 shortly after his commission. Brigadier Morris went on to serve iin Africa and Italy during the Second World War, it was during the war that he rose to temporary Captain in 1943. Once the War had eneded in 1945, Brigadier Morris was stationed in the Far East in Singapore from July 1945 and then Malaya August 1946.After serving in Britain, Austria and the Brigadier served in Germany with the 1st Battalion from 1955-1958. In 1958 he was appointed Brigadier and Commanding Officer of the 1st Malay Regiment. The Brigadier returned to North Africa and in 1966 Birgadier Morris was awarded a C.B.E for his military service. For a time the Brigadier worked with the Royal Military School of Music at Kneller in Twickenham.