low quality

 

The Museum of the Mercian Regiment (WFR Collection) tells the history of the soldiers of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Included in this history is The Sherwood Foresters and The Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters, two antecedent Regiments that form part of the proud history of The Mercian Regiment. Our displays begin in 1741 with the formation of the 45th (Nottinghamshire) Regiment of Foot and concludes with The Mercian Regiment today. 

The Museum is normally housed within Nottingham Castle but is currenty closed whilst Nottingham Castle is redeveloped, for news on the Nottingham Castle project please see here

Accessibility

  • disabled symbol Parking available on site for Blue Badge holders – these parking spaces are subject to availability.  Please call us in advance to book a space on 0115 876 1400
  • 2 universal access toilets on site
  • Wheelchair and electric scooter also available (prior notice required) – we only have one of each
  • Ramped areas marked and lifts to all floors available
  • While we do have a no dog policy at Nottingham Castle assistance dogs are always welcome to the site
  • Hearing Loop available, please contact us for more details

 

We are also have gallery in Derby Museum and Art Gallery see here for details of how to visit